Support > Most Popular: Retrieval
Once we have approved your application for a certificate, we will send you an approval letter by US mail;
the approval process usually takes about 3-5 business days. You can then retrieve your software certificate
by following the directions in the letter.
Select from these frequently asked questions about retrieving your certificate:
1. How do I retrieve my software certificate?
- How do I retrieve my software certificate?
- Can I use my certificate on any computer?
- Can I retrieve my certificate a second time?
You will be able to retrieve your certificate only after your application has been approved and you receive your
approval letter in the mail. The letter will contain the retrieval website address and an activation code.
You will use these, along with the passphrase that you created during the application, to retrieve your certificate.
We recommend that you use Internet Explorer 7 or above to install your certificate.
The certificate cannot be retrieved by MSN, Google Chrome or AOL browsers.
Instructions for retrieval:
Your certificate is now installed on your machine and ready for use.
- Go to www.IdenTrust.com/get-cert.html
- Click "Next"
- Enter your activation code and passphrase (The activation code is on the letter that was mailed to you.)
- Follow the onscreen instructions until you get to the congratulations screen
2. Can I use my software certificate on any computer?
You create the certificate in a browser on your computer when you retrieve it.
It can only be used on that computer (in that browser) unless you
export it to another computer (or browser).
If you have retrieved your certificate on one computer and would like to use it on another computer
(or browser) as well, you will need to export the certificate and
then import it to the other computer or
3. How do I retrieve my software certificate a second time?
As a security measure, your activation code is valid for only one use.
If your computer has had hardware or software problems and your certificate has been lost or corrupted,
you will need to replace your certificate.
If you wish to use your certificate on another computer, you will need to export your existing certificate to
that computer. Please see question 2 (Can I use my software certificate on any computer?)
FEDERAL AGENCY PROGRAMS
STATE AGENCY PROGRAMS