City of Tallahassee
In the world of electronic plan review it is crucial that an individual be able to prove their identity and the integrity of documentation that they submit. In the City of Tallahassee, this is done through the process of adding digital signatures and electronic seals to a document. Some 'City Projects' submittal documents are now required to be signed, sealed or notarized using digital signatures. For a listing of which documents must be submitted in this fashion, please refer to List of Documents that Require Digital Signatures.
- IdenTrust digital certificates are NIST Level 3 assurance for verifying your identity.
- IdenTrust digital certificates can support images of signatures or seals and instructions are included under "Related Content" on the right side of this page.
- IdenTrust digital certificates can be applied using a PDF software (purchased separately).
Please note: ONLY THE SUBSCRIBER OF THE CERTIFICATE SHOULD HAVE EXCLUSIVE USE - THE DIGITAL CERTIFICATE IS YOUR FORM OF IDENTIFICATION, SIMILAR TO YOUR PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE. Under the GSA Certificate Policy, it is our responsibility as an Authorized Certification Authority to revoke the certificate in a case of loss or disclosure of the private key (Password) to anyone other than the subscriber.
ACES Digital Certificate:
|Access Certificates for Electronic Services (ACES)|
|Business Representative||Employee authorized to act on behalf of a company||Identity Authentication Digital Signature/Signing
Usage: authenticate yourself as an employee (affiliated) of a valid business when signing emails and documents, and identifying yourself to gain access to restricted web sites.
|Unaffiliated Individual||Individual representing him/herself||Individual Certificates are sold to those who are acting as representatives of themselves, not on behalf of a company.
If you are a sole proprietor and wish to have your identity authenticated independently from your company, more personal information is required, including social security number, credit card number, driver's license number, and home phone number.
If purchasing a large volume of certificates for your company, please contact ACESsales@IdenTrust.com as further discounts may apply.
How to Trust IdenTrust ACES Root Certificate in Adobe Reader:
Adobe Reader requires one-time trusting of the IdenTrust ACES Root certificate. This can be accomplished by installing the attached .fdf on the computer that is being used. In order to "trust" the IdenTrust ACES Root Certificate, you will need to follow these instructions:
- CLICK on the IdenTrust-ACES-CA.fdf file
- Click "Set Contact Trust" to add the Certificate to the List of Trusted Identities
- Check the box next to:
- In Adobe 6 - "Trust Signatures created with this Certificate"
- In Adobe 7, 8 - "Trust this Certificate for: Signatures and as a Trusted Root"
- In Adobe 9 - Choose the "Use this certificate as a trusted root" checkbox
- Click "OK" or "Import", click "OK" again, then click "Close"